Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Watching the Winter Olympics

I wanted to try sketching some of the winter Olympics.  It's not as easy as I thought.  The athletes move with the speed of light, and the cameras keep changing angles and never going back to the same pose.  I tried first with the figure skating, and that was impossible.  Then I tried downhill skiing, same thing.  But I got the idea to do ski jumping when I realized that there were only a few angles that the cameras always went back to.  It worked!  The speed skating worked out reasonably well too.  The snowboarding was tricky.  I had to watch a lot of runs to get what I had in mind.   I only did a few, because it was sort of frustrating waiting for a good pose, and waiting for it to recur. 

2 comments:

  1. You nailed the poses of the ski jumpers, the speed skater and the snowboarder. They do move very fast. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joan. I had to watch an awful lot of them.

    ReplyDelete