Sunday, May 21, 2017

A little side portrait sketch from Youtube

I was watching a YouTube video from the SketchbookSkool staring Koosje Koene, who was describing how to sketch a building.  She was such a cheerful, smiling person, and stayed in more or less the same position as she spoke at the beginning of the video.  I had my little Handbook journal nearby, and grabbed a ballpoint pen and started to sketch her.  I think I liked using the ballpoint better then the Micron pen as I could vary the value of the shadows more comfortably.  The wide line on the right is actually the ribbon bookmark for the journal which sneaked into the scan. 

2 comments:

  1. She is a very bubbly person. Nice job on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joan. I don't do it as often as I would like, but I enjoy sketching faces.

    ReplyDelete