Tuesday, May 2, 2017

May Sktchy sketches 1 and 2

I'm going to try doing a sketch a day from the Sktchy app.  I have to make sure it's a good close-up, because I'm working from a small size iPhone, and many of the photos are too small to make a good reference.  The first one was a cute pose, but I don't think I got much of a likeness.  The second one was better.  The photo was an older black and white, and I think I got a pretty good likeness, except that the mouth is a little too wide.  I have trouble doing shadows on the face with pen, because it always looks too stark.  I'm using a pen which is somewhat dried out, and even then I'm not sure that I like the way the shadows look.  I may have to resort to pencil. 

I do plan to do other things in May, hopefully outdoor landscape sketches, or flower studies, while everything is in bloom.  But I won't be doing these daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment